Week 4 Assignment 1

Working with the UBD template for ELA reading a writing, clarified my understanding in what essential goals I want my students to acquire. My understanding of desired results is that my students should be given the guidance to think, question, and analyze texts on their own. In this way, my students will come out with a greater understanding of the concepts learned and be able to transfer their knowledge to all areas of their life, in the future. Hence, the questions I ask, get my students to think for themselves and critically analyze the text, coming out with an understanding and meaning in important concepts and skills. The questions I prompted my students with for reading were: What's the purpose of this text? In what way does this piece of information change your view on...? Does your understanding of the text change/deepen after watching/reading...? In what way? For writing, the students asked themselves questions such as: What overall theme or message do I want to convey in my text? Are there any resources or sources on this topic that can aid my understanding? Is my topic fully analyzed, explained, and informative, conveying the essential points? Which ideas, concepts, and info will be necessary to help explain and develop the main idea? In this way my students will acquire concepts and skills that are essential for life, and be able to transfer their newfound knowledge to all areas of their life, which is my desired goal! Also, it's important that the students find the topics and ideas selected interesting and exciting, motivating them to want to understand the deeper meaning of the text, ultimately helping them in the future!

Comments

  1. I love your point about making sure the topics we choose are interesting and motivating

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog