Week 10 Assignment 2
My Teaching Philosophy:
In the 21st century, technology is increasing at
a rapid speed. Adults and children alike are enraptured by what technology has
to offer. Therefore, it is incumbent upon us, as educators, to learn about its
benefits, so that we can implement technology into our classrooms, in the most appropriate, effective, and beneficial way.
The advantages of technology are vast. It allows for our
students to learn, research, and get a hold of valuable information and
material needed, in an instant. Also, it helps students communicate with the
outside world through chats, blogs, and social media. Lastly, it engages the students
tremendously and makes learning so much more fun and enjoyable!
Nevertheless, in my classroom, I would not like for
technology to take the place of the teacher. I think it’s imperative that students
have a teacher who they can learn from and feel comfortable communicating with.
I want to create a technology enriched environment, where technology is used to
enhance the learning and understanding of the lessons. I want my students to use
technology to do further inquiry on what the class is learning and to communicate
and respond with their peers. Furthermore, technology gives the students the opportunity
to use their creativity to learn and discover more about topics that interest them
and to share them with others!
Technology can be so wonderful and beneficial for our students
when used in a correct, safe, and responsible manner. By successfully integrating
technology into our classrooms, we will be giving all of our students the opportunity
to thrive and be continuously successful in life!
I agree, technology really engages the students!
ReplyDelete